In order to be married in the state of Maryland or the State of Deleware, a legal marriage license must be obtained. We require all couples getting married to acquire their marriage license before their ceremony date.
Maryland Marriage License Requirements
- Legal Age for Marriage is 18 years old
- Residency is not required for the bride or groom.
- Either the bride or groom may apply for the license.
- Couples must marry within the county they register.
- If previously married you need a certificate of divorce or death.
- There is a two day waiting period to receive your license
- It remains valid for up to 6 months.
Maryland County Offices
Below are the Phone Numbers for each County in Maryland Clerk’s Office. For Ocean City, MD you need to contact the Worcester County Office at
Worcester Circuit Clerk
Snow Hill, MD
Other Nearby Maryland County Offices to Obtain Marriage Licenses:
| Allegany Clerk|
| Anne Arundel Clerk|
| Baltimore City Circuit Court|
| Baltimore County Clerk|
| Calvert County Court|
Prince Frederick, MD
| Caroline County Clerk|
| Carroll County Clerk|
| Cecil County Clerk|
| Charles County Clerk|
La Plata, MD
| Dorchester County Clerk|
| Frederick Circuit Court|
| Garrett Circuit Clerk|
| Harford County Clerk|
Bel Air, MD
| Howard County Clerk|
Ellicott City, MD
| Kent County Clerk|
| Montgomery County Clerk|
| Prince Georges County Clerk|
Upper Marlboro, MD
| Queen Annes County Clerk|
| Somerset County|
Princess Anne, MD
| St Marys Circuit Clerk|
Leonard Town, MD
| Talbot Court Clerk|
| Washington Court Clerk|
| Wicomico Court Clerk|
| Worcester Circuit Clerk|
Snow Hill, MD
Delaware Marriage Certificate Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years old.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 30 days. The ceremony must be in the state of Delaware.
- A marriage license must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the wedding ceremony (Residents and Non-Residents).
- The marriage license fee is $70.00 if either applicant is a Delaware resident (proof of address is required); a $120.00 fee if neither applicant is a Delaware resident. (This includes the recording fee of $20.00 )
- You will be asked to provide your parent’s birth names, place of residency and birth please have this information prior to applying.
- If applicants have previously been married, an original or certified copy of the divorce decree, annulment, dissolution, or death certificate from the most recent marriage is required. A certified translation must be presented with original or certified documents that are not in English. You will need to know the dates of your previous marriage and where it took place. Please have this information available.
- You cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of application or during a wedding ceremony.
- Effective July 1, 2013, same-sex marriages became legal in Delaware.
Contact Ocean City Dream Wedding if you are unsure of the process of getting your marriage certificate once you book with us.